Welcome to Our Practice
Chiropractor and Acupuncturist Chapel Hill, NC
Imagine your life without pain- what would you do? Imagine achieving that goal using treatments that are gentle and effective, that contribute greatly to your general well-being, and that have positive side-effects. This is what you will receive at Acupractic Natural Healing Center. Dr. Lisa Oskardmay is licensed in both chiropractic and acupuncture and has helped thousands of Triangle residents feel and function better since she opened the business in 1995. She and her helpful office staff are available to help you.
We participate with many insurance plans including: BCBS, Cigna, United, Aetna, Medicare. No referral is required to see a chiropractor. We offer affordable payment plans for persons without health insurance. As always, your health savings account (HSA) covers all services and products at Acupractic, as well. If you find that we don't participate with your insurance plan, don't worry- we can electronically submit claims on your behalf so that you can get re-imbursed for care here at Acupractic.
As one reviewer posted `This is what health care should look like`. You can find what you need at Acupractic Natural Healing Center, your one stop for great alternative medicine healing utilizing time-tested hands-on chiropractic and acupuncture therapies in the Triangle. We treat you the way we would like to be treated, offering ample treatment times, comfortable, beautiful treatment rooms in our new office building at Eastowne Dr., heated tables, gentle music, attentive staff, and caring concern for you. We work with you to understand your needs and to make suggestions for you to take home to increase your rate of recovery and success. Our close proximity to UNC affords us many opportunities to refer when additional help is needed.
Conditions frequently seen at this clinic include:
- Pain Conditions
- Back and Spine Pain
- Shoulder and Hip Pain
- Carpal Tunnel or Ankle Pain
- Headaches and Migraines
- Depression and Anxiety
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Weight problems
- Sleep Disorders
- Immune Disorders
- Endocrine Disorders
Gentle, effective techniques help to reduce pain and improve functioning so you can get back to life. Our understanding of alternative medicine comes from years of training and practice with people just like you. If you are not sure what type of treatment you need, don't worry- we are here to help answer your questions and understand what alternative medicine has to offer. We are here to help, so call or e-mail today.
Services available include:
Chiropractic Adjustments: used to reduce pain, improve posture and support the nervous system
- Sacral Occipital Technique (SOT)- gentle blocking technique aligns the spine gently
- Impulse Activator technique- calibrated instrument adjusting scientifically balances muscles and ligaments of the kinetic chain
- Diversified/hands-on techniques
- Pain Management
- Wellness Care
Acupuncture: used to balance meridians or energy channels in your body
- Classical Chinese Acupuncture- balances channels, improves mental clarity
- Electro-Acupuncture- electro-stimulation acupuncture is very effective for pain control
- Auriculotherapy (Ear acupuncture)- weight loss, addiction support and other health aspects
Massage: to soothe imbalanced muscles
- Therapeutic Massage- relaxing and effective
- Trigger Point Massage-deep tissue massage techniques get to the root of muscle imbalance
- Gua Sha and Cupping Massage-improves blood flow and reduces congestion in stressed muscles and tissues
- Muscle Contract-Relax Technique- trigger point work that supports the kinetic chain
Weight loss program: to help you achieve a healthy weight
- A healthy alternative to weight loss surgery
- Auriculotherapy combined with physical adjustments, massage and counseling to improve mental and physical aspects associated with weight loss
Kinesiotaping: supports tendinomuscular healing
- Widely used in the Olympics and elsewhere, this colorful, water-resistant, allergen free kinesio-tape is the ultimate `take-home` therapy
- Improves pain-free movement with gentle support
Other treatments available:
- Trans-Cutaneous Electro-stimulation- relaxes muscles and rehabillitates connective tissue
- Therapeutic Ultrasound- reaches the muscle-bone interface with soothing heat or biofreeze
- Far Infrared Heat Lamp- warms the superficial layers, relaxes the body
- Nutrition Supplement Testing and Prescription using Standard Process Products and products from local stores such as Whole Foods
- Lifestyle Change Coaching-after we listen to you, we coach you in healthier ways to acheive your goals. We give you non-drug prescriptions to effect change in your life.
- Exercise Coaching- helps you take-home your treatment
Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture: non-surgical facelift
- Gentle acupuncture treatments lift qi in the face and supports overall body health
- Brightens the appearance, reduces fine lines and wrinkles
- A non-toxic, non-scarring alternative to surgery, no recuperation time required
- 10-12 visit sessions that are relaxing and which support healing throughout the mind-body: a holistic experience
Call today to see if chiropractic and/or acupuncture are right for you. Visit our Testimonials link (above) to learn what others have written about their healing experience at Acupractic.
Whether you are interested in chiropractic or acupuncture treatment, you have chosen the right place, the right doctor. Dr. Oskardmay uses up-to-date diagnostic procedures to understand the cause of your problem, and she uses the most modern chiropractic and acupuncture techniques available to make sure you receive the best care.
Open: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 8:00-5:30; Wednesday 12:00-5:30 and Friday 8:00-12:30.
Call or e-mail today to schedule a health check-up.
Our e-mail address is: Schedule@Acudocnc.com
Please cut and paste this e-mail address onto your e-mail server and send us an e-mail with your name, phone number and requested date and time of appointment. We will contact you as soon as possible by phone or e-mail.